RONALD McDONALD HOUSE®
Here’s what you’ll find at the Ronald McDonald House
- A quiet, comfortable, secure home-away-from-home surrounded by people who care
- Private bedrooms and bathrooms
- Home-cooked meals and the convenience of a full kitchen at any time of day or night
- Laundry rooms, computer rooms, comfy places to watch a movie with your kids
- Indoor and outdoor play spaces and a kid-friendly atmosphere
- Transportation to the hospital or treatment facility
- All at no cost to families
At RMHC, we want our families to focus on what’s most important — precious time together. If your child is sick, you have many things to worry about. We believe that where you’ll stay or how to pay for it shouldn’t be among them.
Find out more about your stay.
how to stay
The following criteria must be met for a family to be eligible to stay at Ronald McDonald House:
- The child or young adult must be 21 or under and must be receiving medical care at a Tucson hospital, clinic or outpatient facility.
- Families must live 30 or more miles from our location.
- All children under the age of 18 must be with their legal guardian while on the House property at all times.
- There is no charge for families to stay. Donations are accepted.
- In order to ensure the safety of all of our guests, we conduct criminal background checks for all prospective guests age 18 and older. By filling out the form below, you agree to the conditions of our Background Check Policy. If you have questions or concerns, we invite you to call us at 520-326-0060 and ask for the House Manager on duty. These checks are not meant to discourage anyone from applying to stay at the Ronald McDonald House, but rather to ensure that your stay is safe and comfortable.
- For the health and safety of all of our guests, additional criteria may apply.
- For questions or more information call 520-326-0060 or email our Director of House Operations
If someone in your family has already requested a room, please click here to give us your permission for a background check (required for all guests age 18+).BACKGROUND CHECK RELEASE FOR GUESTS
RONALD McDONALD FAMILY ROOM®
Families of any child receiving medical care at Banner Children’s-Diamond Children’s Medical Center, regardless of where they live, can “get away” for a moment, without leaving the hospital.
On the 4th floor of BCDCMC you will find:
- A quiet, comfortable place to relax and refresh
- A living room atmosphere with TV and DVD player
- A kitchen and dining area
- A resource area with a computer and internet access
- Toys, books and magazines
- Volunteers to assist you
Watch for our Caring Carts at both Tucson Medical Center for Children and Banner Children’s-Diamond Children’s Medical Center. Friendly volunteers and staff from the Ronald McDonald House make the rounds offering hospital guests snacks, books and smiles. They also share information with patients’ families who might need a place to stay.
RONALD McDONALD CARE MOBILE®
More Smiles for More Kids
In Cochise County, hundreds of children have never seen a dentist. One third of all kids show up to start kindergarten with untreated tooth decay. That should soon change – thanks to the addition of a Ronald McDonald Care Mobile in Cochise County that will bring dental care directly to children who need it.
Ronald McDonald Care Mobiles (RMCM) are one of the core programs of Ronald McDonald House Charities. There are 50 Care Mobiles in 10 countries. This is the first in Arizona.
The RMCM in Cochise County is a partnership with Chiricahua Community Health Centers Inc. (CCHCI), a federally qualified health center that has been serving Cochise County for 21 years. CCHCI operates seven clinics and five mobile health units. Its goals align with ours – helping to improve the health and well-being of children and their families.
This project is now a reality with funding from our global headquarters, which covered the cost of purchasing and outfitting the van. We received additional funding from the Legacy Foundation of Southeast Arizona for dental equipment and supplies, and from Arizona Complete Health for operational costs. RMHC of Southern Arizona is an administrative partner and supports the program financially.
The Ronald McDonald Care Mobile travels from Douglas to Willcox, visiting schools in high-poverty areas in the Sulphur Springs Valley, bringing critical dental care at no or low cost to pre-school and school-aged children as well as teenagers. Dentists with CCHCI provide important dental screenings, apply fluoride to prevent tooth decay, treat existing dental problems and help educate children and their parents about good oral health.