At RMHC, we want families to focus on what’s most important: the power of a family’s love and precious time together. So we take care of the rest!
- No cost lodging for as long as needed
- A quiet and secure facility among people who understand
- Private bedrooms and bathrooms
- Home-cooked meals and the convenience of a full kitchen at any time of day or night
- The means to do a load of laundry, use a computer, watch a movie with your kids
- Indoor and outdoor play space and a kid-friendly atmosphere
- Transportation to the hospital or treatment facility
We believe that nothing heals like a family’s love. We also believe that families can give more love when they are cared for and comforted by a little bit of “normal” in a chaotic experience. We know that “home” is anywhere families are together to share moments. That’s why the Ronald McDonald House strives to be that place to be a family.
Over the years, the cost provide housing, food, and transportation has risen dramatically, from $6 per night in 1981, to about $100 per night in 2017. When you donate to RMHC, you are directly supporting families in need because 90% of the annual budget comes from individuals, organizations and corporations.
RMHC recently celebrated its 40th anniversary of providing affordable lodging to families of critically ill or injured children being treated in hospitals. Its rich history and compelling family stories have earned it a place in the hearts of people all over the world who want to help sick kids.
The mission of Ronald McDonald House Charities of Southern Arizona is to create, find and support programs that directly improve the health and well being of children and their families.
Guiding us in our mission are our core values:
- Focusing on the critical needs of children.
- Celebrating the diversity of our people and programs.
- Valuing our heritage.
- Operating with accountability and transparency.