You can help us by assembling casseroles in our Ronald McDonald House kitchen. It’s a great way to involve your team or family in a quick mid-day volunteer project. For information and to reserve a time, email Steffanie at firstname.lastname@example.org
Frequently Asked Questions
What should I cook?
We ask groups to choose from the recipes listed above. These recipes have been pre-selected because they freeze and reheat well. Please email Steffanie Wood to let us know which recipe(s) you have selected. Most recipes make enough for 2 casseroles. Feel free to make more if you’d like.
Who supplies the ingredients?
Your group will shop for and bring the groceries to the Ronald McDonald House. That said, you are welcome to call us and ask what is currently in our pantry. We usually have a good supply of spices and staples.
Should I shop for the casserole pans as well?
Nope! We have some excellent, heavy-duty, disposable pans that can handle both freezing and reheating. We’ll get you the right pans for your recipe(s) when you arrive.
What is the process?
- After your group has selected a recipe and shopped for the ingredients, you’ll assemble the casserole here at the Ronald McDonald House.
- All food handling must be done on premises or in a commercial kitchen.
- There is no need to actually bake the casseroles. Since they will be frozen immediately after you assemble, you do not need to bake and then cool the casseroles during your visit.
- That said, please make sure that all proteins are thoroughly cooked through. You may even wish to save some time by bringing, for instance, a rotisserie chicken in stead of cooking from scratch.
- Once you are done, we will attach the recipe and reheating instructions to each casserole so that the families can take them home.