RONALD McDONALD HOUSE
how to stay
The following criteria must be met for a family to be eligible to stay at Ronald McDonald House:
- The child or young adult must be 21 or under and must be receiving medical care at a Tucson hospital, clinic or outpatient facility.
- Families must live 30 or more miles from our location.
- All children under the age of 18 must be with their legal guardian while on the House property at all times.
- There is no charge for families to stay. Donations are accepted.
- For the health and safety of all of our guests, additional criteria may apply.
- For questions or more information call 520-326-0060 or email our Director of House Operations.
At Ronald McDonald House our goal is to provide a bit of normalcy during times of stress by offering as many of the comforts of home as we can.
- Private, secure rooms
- Home-cooked meals at no cost
- Free laundry facilities
- Two queen-sized beds and a private bathroom in every room
- TV, video library and computers with internet access
- A cheerful, homelike environment with indoor and outdoor play areas
- Close proximity to the hospitals and free shuttle service
- Staff and volunteers who are always there to help
- Quiet hours from 10 p.m. to 6 a.m.
- Gated and locked entrances
RONALD McDONALD FAMILY ROOM
Families of any child receiving medical care at Banner Children’s-Diamond Children’s Medical Center, regardless of where they live, can “get away” for a moment, without leaving the hospital.
On the 4th floor of BCDCMC you will find:
- A quiet, comfortable place to relax and refresh
- A living room atmosphere with TV and DVD player
- A kitchen and dining area
- A resource area with a computer and internet access
- Toys, books and magazines
- Volunteers to assist you
Watch for our Caring Carts at both Tucson Medical Center for Children and Banner Children’s-Diamond Children’s Medical Center. Friendly volunteers and staff from the Ronald McDonald House make the rounds offering hospital guests snacks, books and smiles. They also share information with patients’ families who might need a place to stay.
WHERE WE ARE
The Tucson Ronald McDonald House is conveniently located at
2155 E. Allen Rd. just east of Campbell Ave.
We are close to most area hospitals and, with free shuttle service, we make getting around safe and easy.